Sunday, February 2, 2014

11th Chemo Treatment

January 24, 2014, today I received my eleventh chemo treatment and I was so tired. I received my eighth radiation treatment earlier today and now it was time for this. As I waited patiently, I finally got called into the back. This was the first time I had an evening appointment and it was very empty for a Friday afternoon. Once I entered the back, I was given my medications to take by mouth and then the nurse was going to collect my blood. As she began to setup, she told me that she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and my heart dropped. Every time someone tells me they have cancer, of any type, I get sad. This disease is horrible and life changing. As she discussed her treatment plan with me, I could sense that she was hurting. She then asked me questions about my course of treatment and I told her everything. She told me that she hasn't discussed this with any other patient but my strength inspired her to tell me and I felt honored. Once my treatment was over, she told me that I wouldn't be seeing her on my next visit. I told her not to worry, fight, and that God will guide her along the way. Cancer is ruining so many wonderful lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment