Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Oncologist

June 18, 2013, my first visit to meet my oncologist. My oncologist went over the medications that I will be receiving during my chemo therapy sessions. With me being diagnosed with being HER2+, which is considered to be one of the more aggressive types of breast cancers, and my medication regiment is as follows: 1. Docetaxel (Taxotere) and 2. Carboplatin 3. Trastuzumab (Herceptin) & 4. Pertuzumab. I will only be receiving 6 cycles of Docetaxel (Taxotere) and Carboplatin, witch are considered the very hard chemo meds due to them killing all cells in the human body, good and bad. After my 6th cycle, I will no longer be receiving Pertuzumab and I will continue to receive Trastuzumab (Herceptin) for an additional 6 cycles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment