Thursday, August 21, 2014

Last Chemo Treatment #18

June 20, 2014, the end has finally arrived.  I received my last chemo treatment today, Yes! I'm filled with so much joy.  This has truly been a long year.  It felt great to see all of the nurses smiling faces today. Everyone gave me hugs, smiles, and gifts. I defeated the poison that helped me and destroyed me. I fought through all of the horrible side effects of my many chemo drugs, to be able to say, I Made It! Since this day was so special to me, I asked all of my followers, friends, and family to wear pink again in support of me and I called this day, Glee's Pink Friday.  Today was truly a celebration. I held back as many tears as I possibly could but eventually I broke down. I couldn't stop smiling as the many tears of gratefulness rolled down my face. I defeated a horrible disease that was supposed to kill me but it didn't.  God wasn't ready for me so now it's time for me to live.  My new life awaits me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment