Thursday, August 21, 2014

Red Devils 5k

June 8, 2014, today Kelly and I are participating in the Red Devils 5k race to help support families with breast cancer.  This was one of the many organizations that helped me financially during my journey.  I felt honored to be able to participate in this 5k because it showed me that I've made it to the finish line. This organization is called the Red Devils because of one of the chemo medications. I was shocked to see that this organization turnout wasn't as big or even bigger than Susan G. Komen due to them giving funds directly to the patients as apposed to SGK giving money to research.  Well, the turnout was nice, I didn't run the entire race, I walked some, but Kelly and I had an awesome time.  It felt good to be able to give back.

No comments:

Post a Comment