Thursday, August 21, 2014

Susan G Komen "Race for The Cure"

April 13, 2014, today is the day that I will be running in the Susan G. Komen Race for The Cure for breast cancer patients in Ocean City, MD.  I was so excited to be here because I never ran a 5k before and I was ready. With being a breast cancer survivor, I participated in the "Survivors Parade," enjoyed the many give a ways at the "Survivors Tent," and had the opportunity to meet one of the organizations that helped me financially throughout my journey. As the race began, I got nervous, even though I trained for this. As I ran, I felt so proud. It felt amazing to feel like my normal self again after the battle that I faced the year before.  I ran, I smiled, and I admired the strength and support of the other runners and my friends. After completing 2.5 miles non-stop, I began to get tired, but I didn't give up, I kept running.  I completed  the race, my first 5k in 34 minutes. Besides kicking cancer's ass and winning, this moment felt just as good. Cancer can take so much away but it feels even greater when you get everything plus more back. Today was a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment